Micah R Ledbetter
- Go command line tools and libraries
- Python web applications, libraries, and command line tools
- C# command line and deployment tools
- Powershell modules and custom deployment systems
- C command line tools
- Deployment automation with Docker, Powershell, Python, bash, and cmd
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services cloud automation and networking,
including Windows, Linux, and mixed application and network environments
- TeamCity and Octopus deploy continuous integration services,
and Ansible and Powershell DSC configuration management systems
- Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgresQL deployment and administration
- Information security best practices
- Ed-Fi ODS, a noncommercial student data management standard and supporting software
- Researching and documenting English for natural language parsers
- Lexicon and ontology development for natural language processing applications
- Creating high quality documentation for internal and external clients
Certica Solutions (January 2016 - Present): Sr DevOps Engineer
- Headed technical client relationships with state and local education organizations around the country.
Built highly available, scalable, and secure solutions for Ed-Fi student data systems.
Advised decisions on information security and enterprise data quality.
- Built Powershell and C# systems for deploying and managing enterprise applications.
- Built new infrastructure-as-code systems in AWS and Azure.
Converted existing manual deployments to reproducible and idempotent processes.
Double Line Partners (August 2013 - December 2016): Systems Management Engineer
- Deployed Ed-Fi student data systems for clients around the country.
Responsible for reliability and security for sensitive K-12 student data.
- Built Powershell modules for deploying and managing Ed-Fi software.
Balanced competing business needs of custom per-client solutions
and standardization for scale.
- Implemented continuous integration across the company,
saving developer time and reducing deployment-time failures.
Neuric Technologies (May 2008 - August 2013): Sysadmin, Tech Support, Security Officer
- Built Powershell and Python tools for administering the mixed Windows and Linux network.
- Managed internal company systems, including VPN, AD, email.
Neuric Technologies (September 2006 - November 2008): Staff Linguist
- Introduced the predicate-argument structure and semantic roles.
- Co-authored new Parent Predicate-Argument Structure (PPAS) system.
to improve concept mapping in automatic textual analysis.
Self-employed (January 2009 - June 2012): Freelance IT consulting, tech support
- Managed business networks and fixed problems for individuals.
- Developed educational resources for end-users.
Education and credentials
- B.A. Linguistics, University of Texas, 2008
- US Patent 20080228467 A1: Natural language parsing method to provide conceptual flow
Open source projects
I maintain several open source projects, including:
Go plugin for Hashicorp’s Packer
to manage JSON Vagrant catalogs for a lightweight alternative to
End-user documentation with exercises for working with the
Lability VM lab automation package
C command line utility to map arrays of bytes,
such as those found in a public key fingerprint,
to an array of something more memorable,
such as words or emoji