Virtu Financial (January 2019 - Present): Systems Engineer
- Managed on-premise production Linux servers used for global high frequency trading,
including maintaining compliance with records and time syncing federal regulations.
diskset system to protect business against data loss
and enforce legally mandated separation between customer and proprietary trading.
Wrote Ansible modules and web API endpoints
to manage encryption keys for Linux servers and store them in Active Directory.
Certica Solutions (January 2017 - January 2019): Sr DevOps Engineer
- Headed technical client relationships with state and local education organizations around the country.
Built highly available, scalable, and secure solutions for Ed-Fi student data systems.
Advised decisions on information security and enterprise data quality.
- Built Powershell and C# systems for deploying and managing enterprise applications.
- Built new infrastructure-as-code systems in AWS and Azure.
Converted existing manual deployments to reproducible idempotent processes.
Double Line Partners (August 2013 - December 2016): Systems Management Engineer
- Deployed Ed-Fi student data systems for clients around the country.
Responsible for reliability and security for sensitive K-12 student data.
- Built Powershell modules for deploying and managing Ed-Fi software.
Balanced competing business needs of custom per-client solutions
and standardization for scale.
- Implemented continuous integration across the company,
saving developer time and reducing deployment failures.
Neuric Technologies (May 2008 - August 2013): Sysadmin, Tech Support, Security Officer
- Built Powershell and Python tools for administering the mixed Windows and Linux network.
- Managed internal company systems, including VPN, AD, email.
Neuric Technologies (September 2006 - November 2008): Staff Linguist
- Developed ontology and lexicon for natural language parsing.
Introduced the predicate-argument structure and semantic roles.
Co-authored new Parent Predicate-Argument Structure (PPAS) system
to improve concept mapping in automatic textual analysis.
Self-employed (January 2009 - June 2012): Freelance IT consulting, tech support
- Managed business networks and fixed problems for individuals.